1. Call the abuse and neglect hotline at 1-800-252-2400.
2. When you make a report, be specific. Tell exactly what happened and when. Be sure to record all injuries or incidents you have observed, including dates and time of day and keep this information secured.
3. Reports should be made as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before bruises and marks start to fade. It is important for the investigators to be able to see the physical signs.
4. Give the agency person any information you have about the relationship between the child and the suspected abuser.
5. Please provide at least the following information in your report:
Name, age, and address of the child
Brief description of the child
Current injuries, medical problems, or behavioral problems
Parents names and names of siblings in the home